Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Homestead Names?

Re: Homestead Names?

After the initial purchase the most popular vote was High Dollar Ranch after buying land,tractor, Mule,chainsaws etc. Fern Gully was finally arrived at because of a bend in the creek where there are a lot of ferns, and a high bluff where springs flow down into the creek from water level up to about 10 feet.
    Mike

So far our place is simply known as "Redfield". The name originated when we were property shopping. Each place was given a name, usually the street name it is on. One was very wooded and we had made several visits so it became the "hunred acre wood". The place we eventually bought was part of a large parcel of land off of Redfield Road. We immediately started calling it "Redfield" and even with a new access road (not Redfield Road) the name stuck.

We're having less success in naming the house now that it is complete. House plus property names will eventually come together something like "The Retreat at Redfield" [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Hi all

Stonevah Estate is my property name hence, website [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] stonevahestate.tripod.com

For thoughs that need help (havenots) [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    made in Korea Vin

pity you can't undo

http://stonevahestate.tripod.com
    made in Korea Vin

Nice website. Is the citrus farm your own company? Looks real nice.
    Take care and have fun
    Larry

larry
    yes my own orchard, only 17 acres, not real big just enough to keep me busy. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    made in Korea Vin

Hi Larry,

So you're Bilbo, huh? My daughter fell in love with "Sam" in the movie last year so being a hobbit can be a great thing.
    I wish I had the the Tolkien series in high school but I just couldn't get past the first 1 1/2 pages. Since the movie last year, it prompted me to read the series and they were excellent. I'm definitely looking forward to the Two Towers coming out in December.

Rhonda

Dun' Roamin Homestead.
    The name says it all.

We have 22 acres. One edge of the property is a six acre “lake”. Therefore we call it “Ponds Edge Farm”. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking."

Only 20 acres so it's "Almosta Farm".