Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost my cat today

Re: Lost my cat today

This is just my opinion, but if it were me, I think I would set aside time to grieve, and then in a month, or two, or three -- whenever the time seemed right, get another cat. The cat is not a replacement, but a new family member. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Time does heal all wounds, but sometimes it seems to take longer than you wish.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

I'll add my story... cat of 15 years has not been home in 2 weeks. Great cat, almost a dog. Moved to a new house and after letting him get used to the house and carefully venturing outside he was doing great coming back home and hanging out with us when we were out. He was always an indoor outdoor cat. But, the new house is in deep woods on 5 acres. Next lot is 10 acres other side is 17 acres and 15 behind. All dense woods. We think a coyote, fox or bobcat might have gotten him. I feel terrible... we have searched the neighborhood and our lot. I have two small kids who are saying they haven;t seen the cat in a while.

I am just starting to realize that he is probably gone. His name was Bob. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I think you still might have a chance of seeing him again, cats have been know to vanish for long periods of time and re-materialize. They have a keen sense of direction and usually can find their way home [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , even if someone else is feeding and caring for them temporarily. If not, the only good part of the story is that you will always have that hope that someone else found him and he is happy and healthy, beats the heck out of scooping a dead body from the road as some of us have done. Good luck, I hope you see him again.
    Bayrat

Bayrat,
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I always seem to find the best friends at the local pound. Look at mine.....
    www.geocities.com/Inspector507/

Jerry

bayrat,

uh... that bird thing is pretty spooky, because almost the same thing happened to me. No birds around while I dug the hole, the minute I started to fill it, birds were every where, including a pair of sandhill cranes that did a low squawking flyby. By the time I was done, all the birds were gone.

Anybody else been through this?

SHF

Jerry,

Thanks. Your Bubba looks like the one I lost, he was from the pound as well. We went there Saturday and brought home a female cat, she is still trying to get used to the house, hiding from people and running when you stand up by her. She was in a cage for two months, so I will see how she is in a week or so. Tonight she actually came into the kitchen and watched us eat, so I fed her a few bites of turkey burger as a reward. This one is about a year old and had some sort of operation when she was brought in, they didn't say what but she appears to be ok now. I should never have gone there, should have sent the wife alone. I keep seeing all those other faces that are homeless [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] and know if I volunteered there we would have a regular cat and dog pound here [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .
    Bayrat

I guess I have not lost it all together, the birds were the strangest yet most conforting event of that day.
    Bayrat

We've lost 4 cats in 2 weeks. Two by cars and two got sick and died. We thought they got bit by a spider or snake but our 5th and last outside cat came down with the same symptoms I took him to the vet.

I fully expected him to die as well as he had a 105 fever. I wanted to find out what was killing the cats so my daughters inside cats didn't get it. It's been rough enough with the outside ones dying.

Vet didn't come down with the exact sickness but (200 dollars later) he belives they were poisened. I live on the boarder or farms and sub divisions and do not thhink it was intentional. I've been seeing a lot of dead grove rats and mice and think someone has bait in their barn and my cats are eacing/killing the poisoned rats.

Well, antibiotics and cat fever reducer has saved the cat.
    Roger Meadows
    TiAnViCa Ranch
    Mulberry, Florida