Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tires for Yukon XL (Suburban)

Re: Tires for Yukon XL (Suburban)

Terry - I found the mileage I got on the first set and it was 42k. The fronts were bald on the outside edge because of the alignment problem, but the rears were still OK for a couple thousand more miles. I kept the rears as spares and keep one in the truck so I have a spare that's the same height as the rest of the tires. By the way, the second set have 26k miles on them in 2 years and 10 months (not 1 1/2 years like I thought originally). I haven't been doing a good job of rotating either, it's been 14k miles since the last rotation, so I need to do it. I used to keep up with this stuff very meticulously, then the twins came along and life changed!

Danny,

Thanks for the information! I also struggle keeping up with tire rotation - I wonder if having 7 children could have anything to do with that! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    I have been very impressed with the ride and quietness of the BFG T/A ko tires on my 4Runner - 7k miles so far and still look new. I'm about 95% sold on putting them on the Excursion - that other 5% is just my slow, pardon me, THOROUGH way of doing things! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again!

Terry

Alan
    I have to agree with Mosey on the B.F. Goodrich. I have had at least four sets of em, 5 counting the ones on my daughters truck. I always buy from Discount Tire for warranty and rotation and price. I am running Pathfinders right now that have almost the same tread pattern as the B.F. but quite a bit cheaper. I have 7000 miles on them and they have been OK so far. I like these tires because of the tread pattern in mud and sand also the sidewalls are strong for towing and punctures from rocks etc. Good Luck on your purchase
    Mike [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I recommend a ture AT(all terrain tire). Not an all season or long trail or whatever gimick name they want to give them BFG are very nice tires. And the new KOs are better wearing and quieter than the previous ones. Myself... I find myself in sticky situations more often than most. And for that... there is nothing that compares to a true MT(mud terrain) tire. The ATs just gum up in the real sticky stuff. Then there are the true offroad tires such as SuperSwampers, but they are NOT a street tire. My daily driver and tow rig Suburban has BFG MTs on it. Most people get from 35-45k miles on them. I have about 50, but my fronts are toast.

Ken H.