Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: AZ Desert Home

Re: AZ Desert Home

<font color="purple"> Just to make me feel a little better what does the temperature climb to in the summer in Arizona? </font color>

Around here, about 115° at its highest. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

WooHoo, first night in the new house!!

It's still not completely done (some final touch-ups, couple of things to be fixed/installed, etc), but I'm now messaging from a freshly booted laptop inside the new home.

The builder is off to Vegas for a couple of nights (to spend my money I guess), so we will not likely be fully done before next week sometime (most important thing, for me, is to obtain all the sub lien releases before I write that final check).

All the new stuff starts coming in now....DirecWay and DirecTV tomorrow (I'm working today and tomorrow on the home network), Kubota B7800 delivered on Thursday, new HDTV next week.

Now, all I've gotta do is start finding everything else, and get it all sorted out. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I packed everything last May-July, and no amount of "cheat sheets" as to what is in each box is helping out much [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Congratulations Hank! I remember our first night in the house, but like you we had a number of things incomplete which somewhat lessened the experience. It's great to be in though, isn't it. You must have done something right to be able to afford all the toys to go along with the house. I'm jealeous [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

<font color="purple"> It's great to be in though, isn't it. </font color>

It is great to be in, even though my keyboard typing echoes from all this ceramic floor tile [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We'll remedy that eventually. The toys were saved for over many years.

It's funny, as you mention, Rob, there's no actual specified finish date. At some point it will be entirely ours, and it's not like we can celebrate at this point. But it does feel good to be spending a first night here, however, as you well know from recent experience!!