Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Desert Home

Re: AZ Desert Home

The single door is for the tractor. The double has an opener, and the single not (not sure if I'll install one there).

The circuits for welder and compressor are over by the single door (north) side of the garage.

<font color="blue">The single door is for the tractor. The double has an opener, and the single not (not sure if I'll install one there).
    </font color>

Say it ain't so. That new tractor deserves an opener (other than you)! [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Hazmat

I wonder if Kubota plans on including the system like is on my Suburban, that can be programmed for any modern garage door opener's frequencies. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I like those eyebrows over the windows on the west elevation. Form and function at it s best. You can see they shade the window pretty well. Look nice too.
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="purple"> I like those eyebrows over the windows on the west elevation. </font color>

Thanks....we wanted something there for shade, as well as not too many windows on the west side. Not sure, but I think they will "smooth out" a bit as the stucco gets applied. The builder said he knew what to do, so we left that detail up to him.

The center window on the west side is glass block, and that's right over the jacuzzi.

Hank the house looks great. The builder keeps a clean site and that is always important to me. Keep the picture coming let us know how the house progresses.

Tim

OK, I lied, I haven't actually left MD yet, but will tomorrow morning. The wagons are loaded (well, the Suburban and travel trailer are loaded [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), the trip begins to the AZ retirement home. I will only be in sporadic touch for the next two weeks.

Good luck - I grew up down by Casa Grande and someday may go back. Er, did anybody tell you about the dry heat? In Wickenburg it may get up to 115 degrees, but thanks to the dry heat it only feels like 105! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ah, yes, the "dry heat". Saw a humorous posting in my email about state slogans, and AZ's was "but it's a dry heat" [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes, 115 only feels like 105, if you're in the sun...get in the shade and it feels more like 90. By the same token, I'm looking forward to the next several months of days ranging from 30 degrees low to 75 degrees high [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'm almost there!!! (will be Sunday)....attached is a photo of something that captivated me along the interstate....a renewable energy farm on the west Texas plains, just west of Abilene. The detail is not great in such a distant shot, but if you look closely you can see all the windmills.

Best of everything in your new home - hope you really enjoy Arizona living. Saw the most beautiful Arizona sunset I ever saw in Wickenburg!