I chopped a piece of scrap crown molding off last night to bring to the store with me today to get the right one. As I cut it, the back side splintered a bit. I have a Dewalt Series 20 DW3126 60 Tooth carbide Blade on the saw. It hasn't seen much use: So far crown & base molding for bedroom, plus a couple dozen cuts in 2X material.

I also cut some PVC pipe with it. I don't think that was such a good idea [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] . It melted the PVC & now the blade has a little white on it. I will try to get it off. Is this causing the splintering? It cut better when I first did the bedroom trim work.

I assume because it is carbide, I have to send it out for sharpening (If it needs it) How long before it should need sharpening? It isn't burning the wood or bogging down on big cuts at all.

Reading the saw manual & browsing around online, it appears that a 80 or even 96 tooth blade is recommended for smooth splinter free cuts. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] The depot has the two packs with 80tooth and 32 tooth for about $50. worthwhile investment?

Aren't you guys going to be glad when this project is over. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]