Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you growing?

Re: What are you growing?

Well, after all that. I don't know. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Corn for sure, and tomatos. My wife makes her own sauce, so I want to get her stocked op with tomatos. Thinking of garlic, and potaos also. As for size, I dont know yet. I am going to start with a fence around the garden,[lots of deer] so we will see how much fence I have. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Other than that, I am still open.
    Paul Bradway

We grow tomatoes, onions, leeks, zuchini, carrots, and lettuce. In September we plant rapini (broccoli rob?) for an early winter harvest. We also grow parsley, basil, rosemary, and chives.

We don't grow corn because there are roadside stands every 2 miles that sell it freshly picked for 1$/dozen and it's excellent. Also, our current plot is only about 8' X 20'. Our intentions are to master this superfice before enlarging it.

<font color="red"> We also grow parsley, basil, rosemary, and chives.
    </font color>

I have been thinking of a herb garden, but that will be a seprit one.

<font color="red">We don't grow corn because there are roadside stands every 2 miles that sell it freshly picked for 1$/dozen and it's excellent. </font color>

Ya me also, but its not my own. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

<font color="blue"> &gt;&gt; Thinking of garlic </font color>
    If you're planning to grow garlic, you should plant it now. Garlic is planted in the fall for harvest the next year.

<font color="red">If you're planning to grow garlic, you should plant it now. Garlic is planted in the fall for harvest the next year.
    </font color>

Ya I know, just that the house is not done yet, and I don't know where the garden will be going. Or the septic tank. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

Paul,

When you get around to planting next spring, one good trick is to grab a couple of packs of marigold seed and use them as a border all the way around the garden. Helps keep bugs out cause they don't like 'em.

You also might want to consider "companion planting". Seems that some plants like or don't like each other.