Thread: Clothing designers

Clothing designers

For a while I was keen to make my own clothing. Just simple little tops and pants that would be functional and modest. My mother in law even bought me a video package on how to sew your own clothing. I've never moved forward with this idea but I'm starting to get interested again. Any other clothing designers here?

I would be okay with this myself but I have no fashion sense, I can repair certain clothes but trying to make them from hand would be too hard for me. Do you know the name of the video by chance?

Hmm....I believe it was called "Suddenly You're Sewing". It was several years ago and it was in a VHS format. I don't know where my mother in law purchased it but I'm not sure if they even sell it anymore or whether it was ever made into a DVD format.

You know I always to be able to sew clothes, I even took a sewing class in high school but that is just one thing I do not have the talent for. I have three little girls so I wish I could because they go through clothes like it is nothing!

Nope, I just don't have the time. I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to either. I sew a lot (quilts, pillows, etc) but no clothing. I pretty much stick to clothes brands that I like, I know I could not make anything near as nice as what I buy.

You know, I also had a sewing class but it never seemed to go anywhere for me. I still have the desire but finding the time is one of my problems. One of these days though I'm gonna go through those videos!