Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any train people?

Any train people?

One of my longest lasting hobbies has been trains. I got involved with them as a kid, because my stepfather was a big train fan. We used to go to all the train shows, and even made the trip to Steam Town once when I was young. I am into almost every aspect of them. Models, the real thing, history. I am even building my house within site of the tracks, and have an old abandoned line across the street. I have posted a picture shot from what will be my side yard. Any one else into trains?
    Paul Bradway

Re: Any train people?

Just wish there were more passenger trains instead of those awfull monstrocities called freeways.
    Travelling by train is the most enjoyable way to go in my estimation. Of course there may be times when one would have to transfer to a ocean going vessel.

Egon

I'm not, myself, but have had past friends who were into trains. Some of them actually had old cars collected on their property. Have you got that far yet?? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Have you got that far yet?? </font color>

Nope, not yet. But if the right deal came across................

I am giving some thought to a 7 1/4 gage ride on train on the land. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But hay, I'm a little strange sometimes. [sometimes????? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ]
    Paul Bradway

I like 'em, watching and listening. Been to shows, had a HO set when I was a kid, but not an intense fan.

But I live about a mile away from a main line that has about two or three freights an hour during the day. It is maddening to be able to hear them but not to see them! Wish I could install some kind of 'train-cam' so I could watch them on the computer when I hear them coming.
    Pete

depends on what you mean by "train people". Steam? Yep!
    Always try to tailor my trips and vacations around steam train museums (or working "museums". See my "steam train" thread on TBN.
    One of these days, I'll find the time to get back to my modelling .... have several HO and N scale sets boxed up waiting for new dioramas to be built .... gotta finish up the shop first, though.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

yeap. 1 1/2" live steam is my hobby. I enjoy sitting on my hobby. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What, no pictures?
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Looks like everyone else is into the bigger stuff. I had an HO layout (the Amnicon &amp; Brule - named after 2 rivers in Northern Wisconsin) for quite awhile before it was "sacrificed" [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] for the betterment of the family - we needed a new family room don't you know!

Anyway, it was going to be an L shaped layout about 12' on one leg and 8' on the other. I had the basic track layout down on the 8' section and even had some landscaping finished when the remodeling fairy showed up! Haven't had the room to start another one. The wife thinks I want to build a new house in the country to get out in the country. True, but the other real reason is to have room to re-start the layout in the room adjacent to where I'll store my tractor! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]