Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any train people?

Re: Any train people?

Nope your not the only one. I am into HO, I have some G stuff that I am planing to build a garden railroad with.
    Paul Bradway

I work for a railroad and let me tell you freight railroads are the most cost efficient and environmentally friendly form of transportation we have here in the US. It's too bad that our government subsidizes every other form of transportation except railroads!

P.S. I've got a friend with a 1942 Pullman in his back-yard .... kind of a crazy hobby huh?

We took a den of Cub Scouts on a train adventure yesterday. We have a Live Steamer Assoc nearby. They had thier fall meet this last weekend. They had electric, gas, and full steam trains running. There's some pictures of last meet on this web page. I heard they had over 40 trains running on Saturday.

www.svls.org/

<font color="blue"> P.S. I've got a friend with a 1942 Pullman in his back-yard .... kind of a crazy hobby huh? </font color>
    heck no ... actually common .... I started negotiations on my caboose with the CNR in Alberta but it was short-circuited by my transfer to Michigan. I'm still interested .... I'd love to move my computer room and library into a caboose! And a freight car to build my HO/N layouts in (and maybe a G under) ...
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

I'm with you, an office in an old Caboose would be the best!

I have been thinking of building a shed to look like a caboose. Only thing holding me back now, is I want it to look real. So I am figuring out plans in my head to do it right.
    Paul Bradway

S1120
    this is a long way from your neck of the woods but you maybe interested http://www.flindersrangescouncil.sa....orn/index.html

I worked in the railways not that far from Ouorn at a place called peterborough during the 70s. My father was manager of the raliways for this whole area for many years and my brother is still involved in the railways in the area as a cival engineer. Peterborough was, i think the ony place in the world that had 3 Gauges meeting 3' 6' -- 4'8.5"-- 5' 3.25"
    made in Korea Vin

Have a look at this.
    made in Korea Vin

Cool! I like all that shelding on the front.
    Paul Bradway

I've been to the Ford Museum and seen their trains. I have been to the Railroad Museum south of San Diego and took a ride on their restored train out on the real tracks, cross country along the Mexican border.

As a lad I always liked the steam locomotives and enjoyed the returned waves from the engineer's firemen, and the brakeman in the caboose. Rare to see a caboose these days ond waves are hard to come by from many of the diesel electrics. A bygone era. I had a Marx brand wind up train and a Lionel electric. I used to sit under the table the Lionel was set up on so it sounded more realistic. Never had the fancy milk bucket loading accessories or a station but had an operating airfrcaft beacon and a railroad crossing that came down as the train passed.

Whoo whoooooo!

Patrick
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"