Thread: Something different

Something different

Almost my back yard, the antique boat show parade.
    Bayrat

Re: Something different

That must have been fun to watch, the old wooden ChrisCraft were works of art.
    PJ

Where was this show? Was this the one they have in Clyton[sp] NY?
    Paul Bradway

Actually this is in Sodus Bay, it is a small one sponsored by the SB Yacht Club. There are several larger ones in the area, including the one in Clayton. The look and smell of the wood boat takes me back to my youth, nothing like it.
    Bayrat

Actually, this is my back yard or at least part of it. The new barn is in the background.
    Bayrat

I must have missed this picture. I now live above Conesus lake and lived on the lake for 14 years. So we are not very far away. I loved to see the old woodies going up and down the lake. Always thought of redoing one but never got around to it. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

A friend of mine is a member of the Finger Lakes Antique Boat Society and I was riding in his LyMan when I took the picture. His club was the major participant in this show.
    Bayrat

I told my wife about maybe doing a wood boat over. She sat down and wrote up a list of projects that we are going to to do to finish out new home. I guess I could start looking in about two years and purchase in three. Then again I could buy one done but that is not as much fun.

I have too much going and too much to take care of here at this time so it is out of the question for me. I am trying to get my Silverton back into shape and have not even had time to do much on that, hopefully within a year or two it will be ready to hit the water again [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I can say that looking is almost as much fun as owning, sometimes more fun if you get in over your head. If I ever did buy one though, I would want to purchase the old family Chris-craft Capri. It is owned by a Subaru dealer in Victor NY at this time.
    Bayrat