<font color="blue"> Besides, I thought we'd already "cleared" the table saw with the CFO, being just a question of which one </font color>

We talked about it some more last night. She didn't have anything negative to say. I told her I was going to go look at some today. This morning I asked if she would freak out if I came home with one. She said yes. So I think its best that I don't come home with one yet.

The frustrating part is I know that in the end I will get the saw &amp; the room will look great &amp; she will be happy. It has happened before: We had to put chainlink fence over our rail fence to meet the pool code, I had to convince her to get a pnuematic stapler. 6,000 staples later, she says, I don't know how we could have done this job without it. Bought the miter saw &amp; finish nail gun to do the molding in the bedroom. She is very happy with how that looks too.

A buddy at work has a saying. "Always work like a gentlemen." If you're beating yourself up not using the proper tool or setup for the job, It will take you longer &amp; the finish product won't reach its full potential.

As a newlywed I am getting used to the fact that my life is no longer my own. How long before she beats the stubborn independence out of me? I think it comes down to I'm a spender and she's a saver. Probably a good thing for overall balance, If I want something I have to invest a lot of time &amp; energy into justifying it (or is begging a more appropriate word?). So I end up doing two cost/benift analyses: 1. the economic one -- will it save me time &amp; or money in the long run or allow me to do a better job, 2. Do I want it bad enough to beg for it.