Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Living, Dining, & Family Room makeover

Re: Living, Dining, & Family Room makeover

I think I used the wrong term [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] . The service entrance (or panel) is well below the chimney, hopefully it won't have to be moved. The lines are pretty close to my estimation of where the chimmeny will be run & will likely need to be re-routed. Still call the electrician first?
    Hazmat

Yes an electrician is the first call for an estimate and advice. If you need to move closer to the incoming service maybe no new wiring is necessary just a move of the existing service.

Progress!

Wainscoting is up, chair rail is up, Crown molding is up!

Wife thinks it looks great. She is glad we bought the table saw [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Got lots of hours in this weekend. I work a 9-80 shift at work, so I do 80 hours in 9 days & get every other friday off. Last weekend was a 3 day for me.

Just need to spackle. sand & caulk. Then finally can get started painting!

Stove guy comes wednesday. I think I'll take the day off as he is coming in the middle of the day. More time to work on the rooms.
    Hazmat

Well It's been a while since I've given an update.

Ripped the old fireplace out. Bought a Milwaulke sawzall for the job. Man I forgot how much fun those are! Even though it is just the baby 6amp it cut like a hot knife thru butter. It has a quick change blade system, no tools required. It also came with a storage case. The only one I've seen to date that has adequete space for the cord. Also has a neat compartment for the blades. Highly recommended!

Plaster guy came friday & refinished the corner. Looks good as new. He also patched a hole in the ceiling from a previous plumbing repair.

Got all the trim painted except for the wainscoting. Painted the dining room walls as well. We both really like the rasberry truffle. A little tip we picked up from the paint store. If painting a dark red color, prime with grey.

Only have to paint living room walls & wainscoting. Wainscotting has taken extra time as once we primed it, it raised the grain & required sanding all the grooves (again!) [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Against the wife's better judgement I got a dremel detail sander to that cut the time in about 1/2. I thought it would speed things up more than that.

Stove is going to be installed on Dec 11th. We found tile for custom hearth pad (Needs to go around baseboard heat).

We decided on a first choice color for the family room. Lemon marange yellow. Will pick up a quart soon & try it out.

Need to order the flooring this week so that it will acclimate to room & we can install it during xmas vacation.
    Hazmat