LOL. I've been preparing for elk hunting for a year. Actually we prepare year round back home for it. My brother, uncle, and grandpa are always scouting them and seeing where they are and where they're moving. I usually take a week or so off to go out and go.

I'll be leaving this thursday. I've been getting the horses in shape for the 10-20 mile rides everyday, fresh shoes, and getting all the equipment ready. We usually pack in for a week or so. It takes some planning for all the food, clothes, tents, bags, cooking equipment, etc. for a week, and of course all the horse gear and food as well. The forest service is getting pretty ridiculous about all the rules anymore. Depending on where you are you even have to pack out your bodily functions now!!!

I've also been getting my gun ready. I use a stainless weatherby 300 with a 3x10 Leopold range finder for elk hunting. Went yesterday to make sure it's still sighted in and it was perfect. Now if I can just get out of here on time thursday. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]