Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing a Fence Line

Re: Clearing a Fence Line

Nick

Once it has stopped raining, and the grass starts to actively grow again, that is the best time to use roundup.

it is most effective when the plants are gowing well as they draw it up better.

Not much use in winter when grass is dormant.

Cheers

From OZ

Yes plenty of critters, not to mention the neighbor's cows too, I'd be careful that the Round-up stays on my side [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Has anyone tried the chain or blade trimmers (as opposed to string trimmers) ?

Jim A.

Jim,

I think if the neighbors cows were eating the grass along his fence line, he wouldn't need to clear it.

Go with the Round-Up.

I've never used the chain trimmers -- I've used the blade trimmer (like sawblade) for cutting small woody plants. I think for regular grass, string is still the way to go. I think 99% of all lawn care businesses use string for trimming. They wouldn't be using it if it didn't work as well as some other types.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

.... and it continues to do nothing but rain ..... [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

barn installation is a month behind schedule [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I'm stressing!
    Nick

Just checked weather.com, Chevdog. Rain today and tomorrow and then EIGHT days, count 'em, eight days with 0-10% chance of rain! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Unfortunately, it will probably take longer than eight days for us to just dry out! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I have a feeling this is going to be a wet winter here on the Texas Gulf Coast. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Chris

Yup - eight days seems hard to believe at this point.

What a great time of the year to build new home and barn!
    Nick