Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Snow!

First Snow!

Woke up this morning, looked outside, thought I was dreaming...... It was snowing!! Still coming down now. Not sticking due to warm temps.

As a skier, I hope there is lots more to come [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hazmat

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: First Snow!

You beat me to this post!! We woke up to about 2 inches, and the snow coming down hard!!! It's not even November!!! This is insane!![img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

The horses didn't want to come out of their stalls, and the chickens didn't want to come out of the hen house. The goats took one look outside and started to cry!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] The dogs enjoyed playing in it for a few minutes until they got cold and wet. Then they demanded to come back inside!!

This is way to early. I was gonna mow my lawn and brush hog my pastures and hayfileds this weekend. I still have fences to repair before the ground freezes. I still have a ton of firewood to cut. Now I have to think about putting tire chains on the tractors??!!

We don't have spring and fall anymore!! Just winter and summer!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

<font color="red"> The goats took one look outside and started to cry </font color>

Smart goats. I did the same thing. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Its WAY to early. I had wanted to get in to the new house by snow, but looks like that will not happen. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Paul Bradway

It's not snowing here, but it has been frosting every morning for about a week. I agree that it's way to early to be this cold! From summer to winter, no fall, and fall is my favorite time of the year.

No snow here ... but when I rode the Wing into work this morning, my temp display whispered that it was 32 F .... time to break out the winter riding gloves and ski underwear (dress pants at 70 mph ... brrrr)
    I'll be happy to see the inevitible (I hope) warm-up!
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Wingnut,

There was sure snow over this way. Not much, but enough to leave the grass white in some places. Did you see the weather forecast yesterday? Newsguy over here was saying we could have a major storm next week, which could be snow or rain. (Of course, that means sunshine and a warming trend, as accurate as our forecasts are.) [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

SHF

It snowed real lightly here on Sunday morning and the forecasters are calling for "snow showers" tomorrow. I've lived here in southern Indiana for 5 years now and this is the first time I've seen snow in November. The earliest I've seen snow here in previous years is the 3rd week of December. I don't like it! I moved south (from Michigan) because I don't like long cold winters. Hopefully this will not happen very often!

Had to scrape the windshield yesterday. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Winter is officially here. Blowing and snowing off the lake. Not a lot of snow yet, only about an inch. But it's enough to make the roads interesting.

SHF

We're finally getting it. About 4" since this morning, looks like we could get another 6-8 before tomorrow morning. Finally, I get to try out my new harvester [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nuts! I spoke too soon. Went out in it this afternoon and there was about 4" or so in the drive. (Fortunately, most of it is blowing off and into the neighboring field.) The roads were horrible. The weather man just said another 12 to 18 hours of this. We've probably gotten at least 4" in the last 6 hours. This could get grim.

Hey, when you're done harvesting yours, you wanna come and get mine too? Maybe we could do shares like hay. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] You take your share now, and I'll take mine when we're all retired in Florida. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

SHF