Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Snow!

Re: First Snow!

Maybe we could work something out. A bit of a long drive to your place on my little tractor. Maybe we got the makings for another movie involving a garden tractor and a mission. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The drive here won't be near as bad as hauling your share back home! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

SHF

Got 10+ inches of snow in the last week or so, now the temps are going onto the 40's the next few days. It's going to be another one of those weird winters. Last year I saw the front grass three times throughout the winter, which is rare. Looks like another repeat performance. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I heard that on the news last night. I was going to tell my wife about it, but I went outside to burn some trash and in that couple of minutes, my lips froze shut. I tried to come back inside to get warm, but the frost bite in my right foot made it too painful. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, maybe. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I can tell you, I was darn glad to huddle next to those burning cardboard boxes. Problem was, they burned up far too fast, and it was a cold walk back to the house.

SHF

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Here in upstate New York, it's way too cold, way too early! Yesterday morning it was 10 below zero, and this morning it was 12 below zero!![img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] It never got that cold here all last winter, and winter is eleven days away!! What's going on here? Have we destroyed the ozone layer?? Is a new ice age starting??[img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

<font color="red"> Is a new ice age starting </font color>

Oh ya! walked out this morning and just wanted to turn around, and go back to bed. I want anouther winter like last. Nice and warm.
    Paul Bradway

No, just another winter. I think we've been in a warm up cycle where we keep having mild winters. One of these days it'll swing back around. Our weatherman appears to have been correct, its sunny and warmer outside. The prediction is for 45 for the next 3 days. So, that's going to wipe most of the snow, which has already settled to only a couple of inches.

I was digging through some boxes the other day and came across pictures of the blizzard of 76. There is one of me standing next to my car. Now, this was a full sized Chevy Malibu. All you can see in the pictures, is me from the waist up and the car's antenna. Everything else is snow. If I can find my scanner, I'll try to post a couple.

SHF

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Well, it's warming up quite a bit here! It was up to 2 degrees ABOVE zero this morning when I went into the barn! But the forecast is for 5 - 9 inches of snow between midnight and noon tomorrow. Then a possible snow or ice storm on Friday night. And it isn't even winter yet!!!![img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Rich,

It was 45 degrees here at 2:00 today and still 38 at 5:30. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Looks like the weatherman was right. And, he said it could stick around for awhile, too.

It can stick around until may for all I care. It would make it easier for me to get outside stuff done. But, I'm sure that won't happen. I'll pay for this sunshine come January or February when the ice storms hit. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

SHF

<font color="blue"> I'll pay for this sunshine come January or February when the ice storms hit.
    </font color>
    Last year we got most of the winter in March. Looks like a repeat performance. On again off again. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I'm still waiting to give my new snow harvester a real test. Maybe I can claim a crop failure this year... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]