Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Snow!

Re: First Snow!

<font color="blue"> I'm still waiting to give my new snow harvester a real test </font color>

I remember one winter not that long ago that someone shipped several semi-loads of snow from Michigan to Arizona (or someplace hot), and dumped them in McDonald's parking lots so kids could have snow at Christmas. If we could only figure a way to export this stuff...naw, there's probably some law against it. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

SHF

Is anybody tired of this stuff yet? I put on the snow shoes and beat a path out to the chicken coop for the wife this afternoon. She followed 15 minutes later and couldn't even find my snowshoe tracks. Seems like we've been in a near blizzard since the ice rains a couple weeks ago.

Plow truck got stuck twice clearing my drive day before yesterday. Now it's got to be done again.

This is getting old.

Steve

<font color="blue"> Is anybody tired of this stuff yet? </font color>
    Yes! While we haven't had nearly the snow you've had, it's been about two feet more than last year. In the past month, I don't think we've had more than a few days where it's been above freezing. The underground pipe that carries the sump pump discharge to a drainage ditch in front of our house froze which forced me to rig up a flexible pipe out a basement window. I am ready for spring!

Keep the Faith.

The Big Sky Shovell will soon be here.

Egon

The wind is still with us, but at least some of the snow has stopped. Apparently lake Michigan didn't freeze over this year. Lake effect is so weird. The sky can be blue and its snowing so hard you can't see across the street.

Had to shovel out the intake/exhaust for the furnace twice yesterday. Covered in a 5' drift both times. I'm going to have to get some pictures of these drifts. It'll help to motivate me next fall when I'm pounding fence posts and running snow fence. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I'm not sure how much actual snow we've got and how much it has just drifted. There's spots ankle deep and others hip deep. The County trucks have been up and down the road several times a day and it is still drifting over.

Steve

We had the same thing today. My Driveway runs parallel to the road 400' With 3 entrances. I dont have to really plow them all, but for tractor fun i do and they were all blown in with about 3 foot drifts today. In front of the house to the main exit where i have to plow was real deep. It was fun though. I am about sick of it this year though. Im ready for spring. My winter work is about done inside. I made and installed all the trim around all the new windows and doors plus the addition. Now its getting close to planing the pool deck. We had a pool put in last fall with about 2 weeks left of swimming time in Upstate NY. I only got the post put in the ground last year.

It's been exceptionally windy over here, Steve ... but very little snow. Got about a inch last evening and it's drifted pretty good ... but I still have a lot of bare patches in the pasture.

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

It's still coming your way. The wind dropped last night, but it's back again today. The sky is blue right now, but it was snowing earlier and will probably snow again later. Tomorrow is supposed to be better and by Monday the weatherman said 35 degrees. You guys are about a day behind us so maybe Tuesday you'll get a break too. I'm waiting for the weather to clear since I've got a rabbit that accidentally got trapped in the pole barn and he sure as heck isn't going to come out in this weather. If the wind will drop and the sun come out, I'll open the overheads and start shifting stuff around to drive him out. Otherwise, I'll be up to my knees in rabbit poo.

Steve

Pete,

I've looked at that snow radar every night. It just seems to stop right about Clare. The whole West side of the state is getting dumped on. (Apparently the big pond didn't freeze this year.) If you want to play with your sleds, anywhere on the west side is going to be the place. Plenty of snow, partly cloudy and temps in the 20's and the trail groomers have been running. This weekend is probably going to be the best of the whole season. If the weather breaks next week, the stuff will settle and pack real quick.

Steve

<font color="blue"> Is anybody tired of this stuff yet? </font color>

YES!!!!!! I've played with my new snowblower more than I wanted to play with it..... I'm ready to remove it now and hook up the mower deck. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Hello out there, are the snow gods listening????? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]