Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even the kids are tired of the snow and cold now

Even the kids are tired of the snow and cold now

I've been tired of the cold weather and snow for a couple months now. Yesterday, even the kids said they're tired of it. They didn't want go out because they're tired of having to put on the snow pants, boots, winter coats, hats, and gloves. They didn't want to go sledding or go for a walk in the woods (which they love to do). They said they want it to be summer so they can just go outside and not even have to wear shoes!

This has been the worst winter I've dealt with since I left Michigan in the early 80's. Is it ever going to end?

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: Even the kids are tired of the snow and cold now

Danny, I think it's the begining of a new ice age. Here in upstate New York, we're supposed to have an ice storm Saturday, followed by a snowstorm Sunday, and then another snowstorm Monday. It just doesn't end!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Well, here in the Texas hill country it's supposed to be around 70 and sunny tomorrow... [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

70 sounds good! But, this summer when it's around 100 I'll be glad I'm not there.

The thing that irks me the most is that according to weather.com it's 5 degrees warmer where I grew up in Michigan than it is here now! What is going on?

Easy there folks. I can do without triple digit temps.

ry

Danny,

Temps here have hovered between 34 and 50 for the last several days, with generally sunny skies. Even at 11:00 last night it was around 37 degrees. We've lost about 1/2 our snow depth and what is left is generally hard enough to support an adult.

Next week, we go back into the big chill. The forecast through Tuesday is showing a high of 18. Looks to me like the Spring roller coaster. The proof will be another good warm up toward the end of next week.

It's almost March, maybe these storms everyone is getting are part of the March Lion thing?

Steve

even the kids said they're tired of it

No such luck here!!! Just got in from snowmobiling with the kids. I can't even relax for a day in front of the fire and read without getting hauled outside to tow them around on their sled [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

C'est la vie.

Kevin

Looks like I gloated too soon. Though the temps were in the mid-70s this past weekend, today's high should be around 40, which is, to my thin Texan blood, COLD (yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh)! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Well, at least it's about 5 degrees warmer here than it is in MI, now. The other comforting thing is that the locals are saying this is unusual. The kids have missed 8 days of school, 4 due to a 2 hour delay, which cancels AM kindergarten, and 4 days the school was closed. They have 3 "snow days" built in, so now the school year will have to be extended to make up the time.

PS: It has rained, snowed, or both 14 days so far this month! The ground is going to be a soggy mess.

Got this in the mail today.