Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet Stoves

Re: Pellet Stoves

Interesting reading. I like the idea of a stove with a battery back up for those inopportune power outages. A stove coupled with a UPS unit offers a little more lattitude. I guess it boils down to crunching numbers and obsessing about it for a few days.

I remembered the name of the stove I originally looked at, Whitfield . Anyone know if they're still around.
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other consideration is PELLETS. Last year, in our area you could not buy any. Never really found the reason, but when I was shopping for a stove/insert and realized I couldn't get fuel for it, I switched my choice to propane.

The pellets do become hard to get late in the season, but i get mine right when they come out. Thats the begining of september in my area. I get 2 ton and end up with extras. Next year i wont have to buy any i hope cause ill have about a ton left over from 2 years. Thats about how the cycle ends up for me. I buy for 2 years and the 3rd year i burn left overs and then the cycle starts again. I get them at TSC.
    Larry