Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hay Equipment

Re: Hay Equipment

haybine,

I figured that was true for the HP. kind of like the pickup truck dealers...."you can tow any trailer with our truck...."

But hp was not my main driver. I have enough to run a full size NH disc mower. The cost is attaractive. Part of the low cost is that the 3K was for only a 5 foot length with 4 discs.
    NHs smallest is 7 ft with 5 discs. So that would explain some of the difference. The 5 ft weights almost 1000 lbs.
    These units are made in italy, but then so is the NH tractor that I own.

Whats the going rate for a new NH 7 ft?
    Also what would be a fair price for a used one?

I am not advocating one or the other just looking for info.

Fred

I see 6 year and older ones in that 5-10k range. I just bought a JD 1410 12' disk mower conditioner, 94 model, for $6000. That was a heck of a buy but there are other buys like this one out there.

Thanks for the info.

What are the key problems to look for in a used one?
    Paint and cutters are not a big deal to fix but I would hate to have to replace alot of parts if I do buy a used one.

Fred

Fred,
    New Drum mowers are available in the market for $1,800 and new sicklebar mowers are available for $1,000. Most any Vermeer dealer will sell a Rebel 5400 for $11,500, needs 40 HP. If you have interest I'd be glad to give you a list of dealers in your area that sell at these prices. ccimports@earthlink.net

WOW, a $1,000 sicklebar mower must be a really cheap import. most of the decent, useable field ready sickles i have seen are about that much. i sure would be wary of something like that. you know the old saying: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". maybe some people can make do with that kind of stuff, but i want a name brand that has been on the market a long time and is proven.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Mike, this spring I bought two old kicker wagons for $500 apiece. They're on old running gears, one's an old Ford, and one's an old John Deere. The wagons are wood and are pretty solid. I expect to get quite a few years out of each without doing any work to them, except maybe tires. But for that I save my old truck tires, and can just have them put on the rims when needed.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

See attached picture

165 Drum mower is available NEW for $1,800
    28 HP needed, No Hydraulics needed
    see attached picture