Thread: Clippers for triming a dog

Clippers for triming a dog

I have two Giant Schnauzers who are around a hundred pounds. When we had one we were paying to have her trimmed. Now with two we want to start doing it ourselves.

My dad raised Cockers when I was growing up so I do have some experience but just need to find a good brand of clippers. If I remember correctly in the kennel we used oster brand clippers. That was a long time ago. What information can I get from the forum members about clippers?

Re: Clippers for triming a dog

Hi Tim,

Oster is good. Wahl also makes some good ones. We have a Wahl Pro KM-1 that runs very quietly and cool. However, none of our current dogs require regular grooming.

K-V Vet is a good source. I am sure there are others.

Hank, thank you for the K-V Vet site. I order the clippers today and found that they sell greenies by the case cheaper than I can get them from the wholesaler in our area.

The greenies are expensive but sure do help the dogs teeth. Our adopted boy looked like he would need his teeth cleaned but a month of greenies and his teeth look very good. Sometimes it cost more to feed the beasts then Jane and I.

<font color="purple"> they sell greenies by the case </font color>

Our pack always looks forward to a K-V/UPS delivery of a case of pig ears [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes, we have also found them to be cheaper than any local source, even so-called "discount" ones.