Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sand Pits - Anyone built a good one?

Re: Sand Pits - Anyone built a good one?

Sorry to hear about your Toad problem! It sounds similar to our ladybug problem (actually, I read that they are some kind of Asian beetle, but everyone calls them ladybugs). They were introduced by farmers to eat aphids or something. Apparently they don't really do that, but they have gotten out of control. Every spring and every fall they swarm. My breezeway and garage floor will be covered with them in the fall. I spent half a day last Saturday cleaning them up in the garage. They get in the house, apparently through the door seals, and buzz around the lights and are a real nuisance. They stink and stain the carpet or wall, so you can't just smash them. We use duct tape to get them off the wall or carpet. In the garage, I use the shop vac to get them. No kind of bug spray seems to affect them at all and the cats won't eat them.

Now I'm curious who else has these around, I think I'll start a new post on that.

The only suggestion is to make it bigger. 5' X 5' seems very small even for 2 children. Bill C

And now for something completely different...

<font color="blue"> It sounds similar to our ladybug problem (actually, I read that they are some kind of Asian beetle, but everyone calls them ladybugs).

Now I'm curious who else has these around, I think I'll start a new post on that.
    </font color>

I'm curious, too. What you call ladybugs sure ain't what we call ladybugs. Ours do eat aphids, don't bite, don't stink, and stay outta the house (except for the jar that the kid brings in).

Re: And now for something completely different...

Neil:
    Did you say a sandbox for the two kids and their Dad ? You'll need some big yellow Tonka toys too.

Egon

Okay, Neil, I'll bite. What frogs?

Steve