Thread: Homier Tools

Homier Tools

Homier tools had one of the tent sales in town this past weekend. Compared to the flyer they had sent out I was kinda disappointed. Not a lot of stuff, well there was, but there wasn't [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Not a lot of name brand stuff. Only a few DeWalts (no other name brands) also didn't see the right angle 12v drill that they advertised. Most of the stuff was Speedway Series. I'm assuming that this is their brand, know nothing about how they'll hold up or anything. Great prices, but if it is junk it isn't a bargain. Did end up buying a 29" table for the miter saw for $9.99. Haven't put it on yet, but I'm worried that it'll be too low. Also bought 2 of the adjustable roller stands for $4.99 each. Not as nice as the ones I've seen at Sears or the box stores, but should at least do what I want them to do. Only thing that worries me is their adjustment. Kinda like the one on my big flood light stand that doesn't want to stay adjusted.

Re: Homier Tools

Yeah!
    The DeWalt stuff is all refurbs .... and the rest is basically very low end Chinese junk.
    Went to one of their "sales" .... it'll be the last.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Does anyone find good tools at any of these traveling tool sales?

Homier makes two visited to our area during the summer. Much of what they sell is cheap chineese/india junk. There are some deals and as the "harbor freight" thread went, buyer needs to look at tool usage and cost.

I've got 2-3 of the refurb Dewalts and I've had no problems out of any of them. I don't use them everyday but pretty often. YMMV

I have no problem with refurbs .... at least you know they've been made workable ... unlike some new ones that didn't get picked for inspection. My point just was that all these cheap places selling DeWalt are selling the refurbs.
    Being that these tools have gone through the repair process completely ... there's no reason to expect that they won't work well. Heck, DeWalt is the upper end of the Black & Decker food chain.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Low end tools are okay as long as you don't intend to use them long/often. We had a bunch of T&G pine paneling to put up. So, I went to the local China tool store and bought a dead blow hammer. The hammer is now not only a dead blow, but dead. It expired just about the time the last board went up. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] So, it worked as I hoped. On the other hand, I've tried hole saws that cut one hole and turned to shrapnel. Not good if you have to cut two holes. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

SHF

You want Lixy brand for a dead blow. Comes in all sizes, real shot in the heads and heads are replaceable. I use them in machine trade...the job that is! and they are the hammer of choice to last.
    Larry