Thread: How to Remove Gas Fireplace

How to Remove Gas Fireplace

Well the gas fireplace needs to come out B4 the stove can go in.

I know there should be a valve to shut the gas off & the line should be permanently capped (might have to get plumber in to do this if it's not in a safe spot relative to the new stove).

Question- how are these things mounted in the wall? Where should I be looking for screws? I have a Superior Fireplace model FAK 1500. Lennox bought them out, but no manuals online.

Basically my plan is to shut the gas off & remove any fasteners that I can see & try to get the thing out of the wall. Any help is appreciated.

Hazmat

Re: How to Remove Gas Fireplace

I will look tomorrow morning an see if I can find the old 800 number for the tech support. These guys are very helpful and can answer your questions.

Should be a face plate or surround that comes off. Then you can see where all is at.

Egon

The lennox web site had no phone numbers! Only email addresses. Seems they wanted the consumer to only talk with their local dealer.

I was poking around for the shut off valve last night. It isn't underneath in the basement as I had hoped. I guess I'll have the plumber come and cap it there. Don't want the gas pipe too close to the stove [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

While he's there, might be a good time to run water & compressed air lines to the garage [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The two spigots we do have on the outside of the house are very much not convenient!
    Hazmat

I just tried the number I have and it is no longer active. Looks like a big company doesn't want you talking to their techs directly.

There should be a shut off there somewhere. I know it is code in New York State.

<font color="blue"> I just tried the number I have and it is no longer active. Looks like a big company doesn't want you talking to their techs directly. </font color> .

Thanks for trying!

<font color="blue"> here should be a shut off there somewhere. I know it is code in New York State </font color>

I haven't looked under the unit yet. I'm betting it is there somewhere. The plumber is scheduled for Nov 14th to cap the line in the basement &amp; add the spigot [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hazmat