Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap dust collection for Table saw

Re: Cheap dust collection for Table saw

I've got the big PSI cyclonic unit .... and one of these days I'm going to finish piping it in and actually try it out.
    Next purchase will be the PSI air cleaner kit .... probably 2 smaller units to get better coverage.
    For now, dust mask, broom, and walking around the cyclone unit (still in the middle of the room) works just fine ... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

<font color="blue"> Now I know why Dust Collection is such a hot topic in woodworking </font color>

You got that right. Several books have been written to address the problem in the woodshop. Wood Magazine had an article this year and compared many models. They even brought some “expert” in and did all kinds of scientific calculations on static pressure and so forth. You should be able to find that issue in your local library.

When I started setting up shop about 6 years ago, my dust collector and air cleaner were the second and third purchases I made after my table saw. I’ve never regretted those purchases.

Jim

I've recently been researching dust collection for my new shop. Cyclone Dust Collector has a lot of good information.