Thread: MIG Welder Help

Re: MIG Welder Help

chevdog

found these but they don't appear popular in the USA

www.sip-group.com

http://www.rainbow-electronics.com/cover.htm
    made in Korea Vin

Miller and Hobart are parts of the same company so I suspect either will do fine. At my high school they had several Miller MIGs running nearly all the time. The FFA chapter made quite a bit of money building hay feeders, rice levee spillways, gates, and other things.

I agree about the SIP welders - the availability is not that great, nor are repair parts. TP Tools carries them as their house brand of welder.

I think that in the long run, the larger Lincoln, Hobart, or Miller will fit the bill.

Thanks to all for your help and experience.
    Nick

Is Miller the more commercial and Hobart the more residential?

Chevdog,
    I just purchased a Lincoln Pro Mig 135, 110v at Lowes here in Southaven about two weeks ago. It works with gas or flux core. I was posting to let anyone know that might be considering buying a 110v mig, that Lowes is running a rebate for the next month. I didn't realize it till the register spit the coupon out when I was checking out. The welder listed on a sticker for $457, but I happened to find a placard with a price card lying on the shelf above the welder that showed it for $437. When I got up to the register, I asked the girl about the cheaper price and she rang it up at that. Then it spit out the rebate coupon for a free welding cart, which Lowes also sells at $77. I didn't think that was a bad deal at all. So if you are in the market for a 110 unit, you might want to check with your local Lowes to make sure they are running the same rebate as this one wasn't advertised anywhere.

Ken
    Kenny

Check out the new Miller DVI You can run it on 110 or 220

Looks like a really nice unit but the discount price is above $1000 so you better be serious about your weldning convenience. I guess I'll struggle along with my two Lincolns, WeldPak 100 on 120VAC and the 240 volt 50 amp input AC DC stick unit which will do pretty big stuff if there is a place to get 240VAC. I'll be getting a plasma cutter before I see another welder.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I've got a plasma.It's one of those thing's you'll wonder how you did with out it.When you get one get a good brand and a 230v model

Tevi, Please drop the other shoe... What are your recommendatons? What did you get and if you had it to do over again would you do the same thing, change size, or change brands?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

It's a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 50.I've upgraded the tip to a 1Torch and a 50ft lead with a quick disconnect.I definately would have gone bigger but it depends on what you do.If you go with another brand upgrade it with the Thermal's 1Torch