Thread: Dustless drywall sanding??

Dustless drywall sanding??

Has anyone tried one of the "low end" drywall sanding systems?? Specifically Magna Ind. "Sand & Kleen"....as seen at your local big box store. The kind that filters thru a bucket of water. Does it work??

I don't do enough drywall work to get good enough not to sand. I can't see spending $4-500 for the "high end' sanding system just to sand in my workshop!! Chuck

Re: Dustless drywall sanding??

Worksmart
    Go rent yourself a drywall sander. Porter Cable makes a great one, when they say dustless they mean dustless.
    Solo

Or use a wet sponge to knock down most of the lumps. I've not tried the next part myself, but a painter told me about it.

Take a piece of 2x4 long enough to span the joint. Wrap the 2x4 with a piece of indoor outdoor carpet. Wet the carpet and drag along the joint. It's supposed to remove most of the waste, leaving just a little to sand.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Solo - My local orange big box store had a brand new Porter Cable sander for rent. Amazing!!! I will never sand drywall by hand again. Had the 14 x 18 loft in my barn sanded in less than an hour. $35/day rental was well worth it. Thanks.....Chuck

A drywall contractor friend of my parents has one of those machines... They had him texture some walls and he used it to touch up some sanding I missed. Amazing!

My ego got a boost when he complimented my taping job... [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Years of patching holes in rentals finally paid off...

Thanks for the post. I was dreading doing the drywall in the lower level. If these things work then I will be very happy.