I want to introduce myself here and inform you the public that even though I don't know it all (every township has its own laws concerning building codes) I do have 20 yrs experience in just about all facets of building and repairs.

I am currently in the final 2 weeks of completion of the building of my own home (1st one) that I personally designed 2 yrs ago. I began construction 15 mos ago of a 3 bdrm/2 bth on 5 acres in the country. The home was under the TVA Energy Right Program in which I rated a 86.1 (83 was all that was needed ). The house qualified as a Energy Right Gold home. It is heated and cooled with a 12seer 3 ton Gibson heat pump and is insulated like a Igloo cooler. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It is a 1632 sq ft living area home with a 2 car garage (24x24), 8x20 front porch & 10x30 back porch both under roof. Thats 2210 with garage and almost 3800 sq ft under roof (which by the way I roof myself after firing the roofers).
I want to emphisize that I have done 80% of the work by myself in these 15 mos so I have a lot of hands on practical experience as well as operate a self own business. Can you say 7 days a week for 15 mos ? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I'm not going to bore you with specific details on the contruction of the house, but I have experience several issues during the contruction of the house that could have saved me a lot of money.

So anyhow there you have it... Now for your regular schedual programing [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]