Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here

Re: New here

Hey Guys,

What brand/material for windows do you all like?

I think I want a fiberglass jamb/sash but most everybody looks at me funny? Marvin has its integrity line and a couple of other manufacturers have fiberglass windows. Cost may derail these tho.

Gary

I used American Standard vinal termopane single hung, tilt colonial style.
    They come with a life time warranty so if it ever develops a leak.. they are warranted [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am including a designed lay out of my house....

Anyone is welcomed to use this for their own personal use modified or otherwise... However I do not allow commercial use of my plans without written permission by myself exclusively... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Best performance per unit cost is probably vinyl NOT wood. Fiberglass is a good performer as is aluminum clad wood but to get the performance I want I'll need to trade off any desirable aspects of F/G, , and aluminum clad wood for cost reasons. As you have noticed, those transparent wall panels are quite pricy. Wood is a non starter for me as I want LOW or NO maint.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I'm fortunate to be close to an Amish window maker who does vinyl framed thermalpane windows with all the typical goodies (tiltout, etc). I have also seen Amish cabinets, and I know there is a shop close by, but I'm not sure where.

SHF