Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Comerical

Re: Toyota Comerical

<font color="blue">But then again, maybe that would be darwin in action.

</font color>

Untill he hits your daughter because he couldn't stop [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    Hazmat

"The toyota worried me because some guy might buy one and try something stupid like pulling a backhoe"

Many buy trucks and overload them. I see them on the highway constantly. Most of the time, it is fifth-wheel travel trailers that are putting far more weight on the truck than the truck is capable of handling. Typically, it is a SRW 3/4 ton truck and a 35+ ft trailer. The poor truck is doing a major squat, but I'm sure the trailer dealer said it would "handle it fine"!
    Terry

<font color="blue"> Avalanche had it long before they did </font color>
    and didn't the Ford Explorer Sporttrac have it before that??

Speaking of truck commercials ... what about the Chev commercials where the truck is 20 times the size of the 100 ton loaders driiving around it?
    Or the guy in the street that gets a load of debris dumped in the bed?
    Or the SUV commercials showing them driving onto mesas and the like?
    Are there ANY truck commercials that AREN'T insulting?
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

<font color="blue"> and didn't the Ford Explorer Sporttrac have it before that??
    </font color>

I didn't look close, but I don't think the sport trac "transforms" like the avalanche does.

You guys seen the new Ford commericial where the superduty pulls the commerical airliner down the runway and it takes off. There was a little fine print saying it was a dramatization.
    Hazmat

Is that anything like the car racing down a slalom course and the fine print saying "professional driver, do not attempt on your own"?

SHF

<font color="blue"> Subaru also had a commercial a while ago that irritated me.</font color>

This is from an article in 'Auto Fan Magazine' Jan.06 2000.

A Subaru of America idea called the Switchback seat (patent-pending) can extend the 55.5-inch cargo bed length forward to 76.0 inches.
    The article is about the Subaru ST-X concept vehicle which became the Baja with a few changes including the access through the rear window.
    (Subaru owner,driver,lover) Subaru ST-X

Didn't Subaru make a 4wd car back in the 70's? Was that the forerunner (not intended as a pun) of the SUV? Was it the first 4wd car? I know Kaiser made a car in the 40's and 50', and I've only seen a couple of them, but neither was 4wd.

Anybody know the answer?

SHF

<font color="blue"> Didn't Subaru make a 4wd car back in the 70's?</font color>

Yep, they sure did, and have gotten better at it ever since. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    The Subaru Leone made its entrance in June 1971, and the Subaru Leone 4WD Station Wagon followed in September 1972. Until then, four-wheel drives (4WD) was limited to off-road vehicles.

If I recall corerctly, they also offered the Wankel engine.

SHF

<font color="red">Stoneheartfarm </font color>
    <font color="blue">I know Kaiser made a car in the 40's and 50's </font color>

You can see photos of the 1954 Kaiser Darrin <font color="blue"> HERE </font color> and many, many others.