Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Comerical

Re: Toyota Comerical

<font color="blue"> 1954 Kaiser Darrin </font color>

Now we know where Cadillac got the idea for the Eldorado. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oops, I'm thinking Willy's. Willy's made a convertible that used the same front clip as their panel van and pickup, but the only examples I have seen are not 4 wheel drive. Not sure of the years, but I believe after 1951, based on the fenders on the models I have seen, although Willy parts are so interchangeable...

SHF

<font color="blue"> Oops, I'm thinking Willy's. </font color>

I think that that was the 1950 Jeep Willys Jeepster. I may be wrong (I have been once before [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) but I think that it was front wheel drive.

The unit I looked at was rear wheel drive, of course it had a 50's vintage Chevy V-8 shoehorned under the hood. I checked pretty careful for 4wd and didn't notice anything that resembled front wheel drive. But, the vehicle had already had significant work.

SHF

As it came from Willys, the Jeepster was either 4cyl and (I think) some 6 cyl, but rear drive only. However, it had a simple box frame chassis that was easily swapped for one from a 50's Jeep station wagon having 4WD, and that was done by many customizers, so you used to see 4WD Jeepsters on the road every once in a while- some with V8's - particularly in places with lots of snow.

Pete:
    Rember the GM commercials on Bonansa?

Egon

Okay,

On the subject of commercials, I find that I need one explained to me. This is the new jeans commercial which uses a pair of rather thin looking young adults who stand in the way of a buffalo stampede. Watching the commercial, you can see these two appear fearful, hands clenching, shaking, exchanging nervous glances, etc. But, the buffalo break and go around them.

I have seen the commercial several times and have come up with a list of possible meanings:

1. These jeans are tough as a buffalo.
    2. These jeans are tougher than a whole bunch of buffalo.
    3. Buffalo are scared of these jeans.
    4. These jeans are so tight you can't get out of the way.
    5. Wear these jeans and you will smell like a buffalo so they will leave you alone.
    6. Wear these jeans and you will do stupid things.

I am leaning toward #4 and #6 since no one in their right mind would stand in front of a stampede. What do you guys think?

Steve

<font color="blue"> 4. These jeans are so tight you can't get out of the way. </font color>

I rather enjoyed that part of the commercial!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chances are the commercial has no meaning. It's object is to catch your attention so you buy the jeans in question.

For interest sake take a close look at the adds for alcohol or cigarets in magazines.

Egon

I kinda thought the moral was <font color="blue"> stupid people buy our jeans </font color>
    it's a shame that common sense isn't