Thread: GM Certified Used Vehicles

GM Certified Used Vehicles

Has anyone ever bought a GM Certified Used Vehicle? The ad claims they have a 110 step inspection & reconditioning, 3mo/3000mile warranty, roadside assistance, and a 3 day money back guarantee.

Re: GM Certified Used Vehicles

Bought my suburban last December as GM certified, a week before we headed out to Florida for a couple of months. While down there had the oil changed at a GM dealer, who told me I needed a new fan belt, should have been replaced when it was certified. Alignment was also off, could tell it pulled to the right, still does.

Had problems with the rear doors hitting the bumper mat with a load in the vehicle, needless to say, did not find that out until we were halfway down there.

We did not get back until well after the 90 days and many miles beyond the 3000 miles. The dealership did fix the bumper so that the doors work well even with 1500# of ceramic tile in the back. They told me there was no adjustment on the bumper and were going to have to use the hammer, I left, did not want to see them beating on my new used vehicle with a big hammer. Did not bring up the belt to them.

Also one of the switches for seat heater worked off and on, figured that was the way they were supposed to be, guess not, does not work at all now.

Overall not a bad experience, have had just as good, if not better luck buying other used vehicles. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: GM Certified Used Vehicles

Just my opinion - I think it's a marketing ploy and another means to add to the price of the vehicle. Most of the "certified" vehicles at the GM dealer where I trade are simply the ones in obviously good condition that did not go to auction.
    Nick