Hi guys.

A question: I have a lot of land that I would like to selectively log and also I'd like to generate some cash.

I'd like to do it myself so I can be very selective and careful about disrupting the woods too much.

My question is this: how much value do I add to a given tree/log by cutting it down myself and dragging it out to where it can be easily picked up by a logging truck?

In other words, if a given tree is worth "X" on the stump, how much more than "X" would I be able to get if I did everthing except deliver to the yard?

Another question, you know those logging trucks (the 14 wheeler size, not the 18 wheeler size), ballpark estimate, how much is a truckload of hemlock/pine worth? Trying to get a ballpark estimate of how mny trees I would need to process in order to generate a given amount of cash. Ideally I'd like to harvest just enough each year to pay my property taxes...

Thanks guys. I knmow that the estimates/prices are going to vary according to region and other factors...just looking for some guidelines to think about.