Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Pet Habits

Re: Weird Pet Habits

Mulder has his family well-trained [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Oh, yeah! In our house, the animals are in charge. Here's Mulder at his favorite spot watching the fire. Mulder is the dark one. Along with him is his big sister Patti, and his little sister Scully, when she was a baby.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Lemme try that again!! The picture didn't attach!!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

I once had a very cool cat named Microsoft Cat. He wasn't as large as the cat down the hill, so he used to groom himself just beyond the other cat's personal space till the cat charged. Microsoft would run just far enough away so the other cat would stop the chase, then repeat the process all over again. It might take hours of this, but eventually he'd have coaxed the other cat within sight of our four golden retrievers, who would all leap off the porch and chase the intruder clear back down the hill! It was hilarious to watch! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

<font color="purple"> I once had a very cool cat named Microsoft Cat </font color>

Did you also have a Microsoft Mouse? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] &lt;sorry [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] &gt;

We had a cocker several years ago that would not eat dog food unless you poured it out on the carpet. She would not eat it out of a bowl.

My mother had a siamese cat that peed in the toilet. He didn't flush however.
    Alan L. - Texas
    North of Mustang
    South of Bugtussle
    On the Banks of Buck Creek

Biscuit is a bit of a head case. We found her living in a field close to where we work. She is extremely protective of us, to the point of it being a very real problem. Anything can set her off - especially a knock on the door. What's really weird is that if she hears a doorbell on TV, she freaks out. We don't have a doorbell.

She only weighs 20#'s, but our other 2 GSP's give her a wide berth. However, the two "boys" aren't dumb. At feeding time, everyone gets a bowl of food in a different corner of the room (the GSP's have gone at it once or twice and it wasn't pretty). They have taken to starting a barking session and running to the living room window. Of course, Biscuit joins in and quickly assumes the role of point-man. Once this happens, the other two race back to her bowl and wolf down as much as they can before she realizes that the whole thing was a sham.

Anyone who is around animals will agree, I'm sure - there is no end to the joy and entertainment they provide. Life without animals - to me it's just insane.

<font color="purple"> a siamese cat that peed in the toilet </font color>

At one time (15 years ago or so) someone was hawking a video that purported to show you how to train your cat to use the toilet. It involved placing a cloth sling under the seat, with litter in it, and then eventually removing the sling.

This idea probably went the same way as all "cat training" ideas, (as Mosey has learned [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Little late to this post, but I just had to tell stories about one of our dogs. Our Red Heeler, Podnuh, makes a high pitched whine whenever he scratches his ears or if my wife dries his ears with a towel. It seems akin to the tickle spot that most dogs have where you tickle them and theire back leg moves. As long as you rub his ear he makes the whining noise. I told my wife if she could learn where to scratch for different notes she could be on Letterman's stupid pet tricks.

He's a very vocal dog and will sit looking out the window and if the female boxer that lives next door is walking our fence line he'll make various pitched whines until we let him out.
    si vis pacem para bellum