Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Pet Habits

Weird Pet Habits

Our smallest dog, Biscuit (I didn't name her) eats half of her food at a time - and I mean half, check it out.

I'm sure there's a majority of pet owners have some strange pet habits to share.

Re: Weird Pet Habits

We have a cat that is crazy about water. In this picture, somebody left the water running in the kitchen sink for a few minutes and he decided to play. If we don't put the toilet seat cover down, he will have a great old time. He jumps on the side of the bathtub and plays while you take a bath. I've neve seen a cat behave like this.

I have a Giant Schnauzer who steals gloves. While we were building our house any contractor that put his gloves down or stuck them in his back pocket would lose them to the dog. She was real smooth about it and sometimes actually pick gloves out of the pockets without the victim noticing.

She would then just sit there waiting for the glove owner to realize what had happened. She would then walk over and give them back and the game on again.

Our four dogs all free feed from the same bowl. When the bowl is empty, and when she is hungry, our newly adopted Greyhound Jaqui will bring the stainless steel bowl from the kitchen and plop it right in the middle of the living room floor, sort of as if to say "the service around here sucks" [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One of my cats likes to drag underwear and socks all over the house. His fetish is for clean stuff only. If my wife leaves a load of clean clothes in the laundry basket overnight we can count on finding my socks and her undies strewn all over the house the next morning.

He also likes to "inspect" us every time we come in from outside. First chance he gets he will sniff us all over to see what kind of strange smells we brought in from the outside world. Doesn't seem to matter if we smell like a dog, a cat or just other people. He's got to check out how we smell. I guess he files all the smells away in his mental library for future reference!
    Chris

I have a ratwieller ( spelling?) puppy about 1 year old He likes to drag boulders around, loves a creek bed...some of these rocks are huge...kills small trees with em at times...I'll hafta get a pic someday [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    " Todays Mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground "

Our big dog ty goes to bed a 9:00 every night we'll be watching tv and have to go into the bedroom and wake him up to go outside. Its pretty funny when you can't find the dog but he'll be asleep in the bedroom. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Just Wishing

Count yourself lucky, Hank! One of my four goldens, Glenfiddich, picks up his bowl and tosses it around the kitchen if he feels slighted at meal time. Big loud CLANG, CLANG to voice his disapproval. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Pete

Pete, I can picture this perfectly, and [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (from here, at least).

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Our Mastiff , Mulder loves to watch a fire in our woodburning stove. If there's no fire on a cold day, he'll look at the stove and bark. If that doesn't work, he'll pick up a one of the logs we stack near the stove and drop it at my feet, as if to say; "Daddy! Make a fire!"

Then he'll watch the fire until he doses off. Later when he thinks it's time for everybody to go to bed, he'll bark, and look towards the bedroom, until my wife and I and the other dogs go to bed.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."