Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy...I mean tool

New toy...I mean tool

Re: New toy...I mean tool

Hi Hank,

I just told Jane that Hank just got a mule and I want one. She told me to talk to my neighbor down the road, he has one of the four legged kind. I showed her the picture and she told me the barn is full. This is not going well. She is right about the barn and she is stuborn like a opps!

You have to let me know how you like it because all kidding aside we are looking at a similar unit for purchase next year. Jane wants a four seater so we can take company for a ride on the property. As usual she makes good sense but I have not found a four seat unit with front facing seats. I may have to go the golf cart people hauler routine and customize it.

Tim,

One of the serious contenders for my money was the Polaris Ranger, which does have a three person bench seat. Just got back from our new neighborhood's first annual "neighborhood fest", and saw a Ranger there that was also equipped with two rear facing seats in the bed, for a total of five. Not quite what you spec, but close. The Mule and Ranger are quite similar in specs; I finally went with the diesel Mule, in part so it could share fuel with the soon-to-come CUT, and so I would not have to keep gasoline around at all.

Hank,

Livin' it up the golden years ehh? Nice ride. I bet you get from the garage to the RV in no time flat! How were the dogs on the x-country trip?
    Hazmat

No dogs on the trip, we finally decided; it would be just too much....so, wife will start bringing them after the house is done. We did have the initial part of the fencing specified to be done (the "dogpen" the builder calls it) before I arrived, and the fence company screwed up and didn't get the right material in, so they had to put up temporary panels, thus the barbed wire on top and the stockade look.

From garage to RV, it would take longer for the glow plug warm-up light to go out than walk it [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I am looking forward to leisurely exploring the thousands of acres of state land surrounding our development, and to begin landscaping cleanup on the property while the builder still has his dumpster here (at least those are the partial rationalizations [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Take a look at the Max amphibious ATV, 2 and 4 passenger models. www.maxatvs.com.

<font color="blue"> Take a look at the Max amphibious ATV, 2 and 4 passenger models </font color>

Thank you, I had not seen that unit before. I don't know how smooth I would be with the steering. There are a couple of dealers not too far from me so I will see if they have a unit to drive.

We just bought one of those (3000 Gas Model) about 2 weeks ago. It will be just as much a tool as a toy I used it while the tractor was busy, to pull trees we were clearing out of the brush. Tried to pull one out that wasn't cut (slight oversight), the tow strap broke, the Mule kept going! [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Mike

Southwest Pennsylvania just north of Pittsburgh

Had our MULE for 5-6 months now and I have to admit, when the lady saw it and said what a worksaver it would be for her... I thought it was a fluff toy. But that lil booger will work it's tail off, and now I wouldn't be without it. I did find out that the little bitty oil filter for it at a Kaw dealer costs more than the filters for the Kubota do. I'd suggest cross reference and spend 3-4 bucks at NAPA vrs 15 bucks at the Kaw shop.

<font color="purple"> I'd suggest cross reference and spend 3-4 bucks at NAPA vrs 15 bucks at the Kaw shop </font color>

Good advice, thanks, I will be checking those things out.

Have you reached the 50-hour service level yet? If so, did you take it to a dealer, or try to do it yourself (most of the items look easy, but some things look like they might benefit from dealer expertise) ???