Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New toy...I mean tool

Re: New toy...I mean tool

Do I dare ask how much one of those things cost? What a fine looking machine!
    Bayrat

The various models range from $5699 to $9999 MSRP. Discounts are available, and if you live in the eastern half of the country, but outside of NC, Carver Equipment might be your best bet. They have the deepest discounts I've seen, and they will ship anywhere, and can save you your state's tax, so the shipping washes out.

Southwest Pennsylvania just north of Pittsburgh

It's close to the 50 hour, I think she's got around 40 hours or so on it. I'll do the work myself, a Saturday MULE, Kubota, Jeep maintenance thing. The only issue that may cause you some hesitation is the "recommended 50 hr. valve adjustment". I think all Japanese motorcycles do that, and to be honest over the years I've had many a rice grinder motorcycle and done it and never found the adjustments to be off. So I'll hold off on that item. I think it's one of those Kawayamasukionda bring it to the dealer for your initial couple of hundred dollars warranty things. But hey, I see alot of people take their Kubota's to the dealer for their 50 hr oil change. I prefer the hands on "man and machine " bonding process I guess. Everything else on the MULE is so accessible and heck, it's just a V-Twin motorcycle motor under there. One thing I did note, last night since the temp really dropped I was short doing jaunts from the house to the barn and it seemed a little rough and I had to do more choaking than normal. Since the lady fires it up and runs very short distances from point A to Point B without the benefit of warmups (ok, I'm guilty too) , I pulled the spark plugs and they were pretty carboned up. Wire brushed 'em, gap was fine, stuck 'em back in and all is well. Since our use will remain short stop and go, I'll more than likely get an extra set of plugs to always have a clean set and alternate in and out every 50 hours or so. heck, my Harley loads up plugs in less time than that.

Ever consider a golf cart? They have monsters that seat 6+ and they have become really popular around here. They'll go nearly all the places atv's can go safely.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

Beautiful machine Hank! I think we should combine the words "toy" and "tool" into one new word, like "toyl" perhaps.

Good idea! Kind of ÃÂÂ* la the plastic "spork" they hand out at KFC. Invent a new word for our purposes.

So far, it's short life has been exclusively tool; there is lots to be done on the property. I am looking forward to the toy aspects, as I just received my State lands rec permit, and we are surrounded by State lands. I purchased a spare vehicle mount for my GPS, to keep from getting too lost during these explorations [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

We've had a mule for over a year and I echo worthy praises from others. We now would be hard pressed to be without it. I have not physically seen one, but Power-Trac makes a hydraulic amphibious six wheel, multi-passanger unit that looks neat. We too would like a unit to carry visitors about, but have some concerns about a golf cart being able to handle our steep mountain trails! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] www.power-trac.com

Great looking machine. We have had our small Mule (550) for a few weeks and are really enjoying it. My only complaints are that starting it is a little contankerous and the differential lock won't engage sometimes. You have to pump the gas to get it started, and choke it if it hasn't run in a half hour or so. Also, I am having great difficulty engaging the differential lock. There are times that I feel I need it before going across the creek, and it just won't go. I plan to take it in for that issue when it gets its 50 hour service.
    Alan L. - Texas
    North of Mustang
    South of Bugtussle
    On the Banks of Buck Creek

Hank

I think your links are busted. I think you moved them to another directory (construction I think). While I was looking for the Mule I looked at the pictures of the house. Nice unit.

<font color="purple"> I think your links are busted </font color>

You're right, I did move them around. But everything under http://www.hup.org/wickenburg is browsable, as you discovered.