Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn Framing/Sheeting Pics

Pole Barn Framing/Sheeting Pics

For the sake of not boring everyone to tears, I picked some representative pictures of the barn construction.

This one is the 8" fill that I babysat for 2 months - it's covered with plastic sheeting and it all actually stayed intact. The barn materials are to the left. With this fill and the 6" concrete floor slab that will be poured, it should stay pretty dry in there.
    Nick

Re: Pole Barn Framing/Sheeting Pics

This shows the framing up and the sidewall sheeting started. The side walkdoor is also installed - the blue color is a protective cover. There are two 9x9 doors on the front wall and one 9x9 door on the back wall. Building size is 40x50x12.
    Nick

Almost same view with all the sidewall sheeting done. Roofing will be white panels with 6 skylight panels and 2 ridge vents. White corner trim has not been added yet.
    Nick

View of the back and side walls - roll up doors will be white. Again, roof and corner trim is not installed yet.
    Nick

Inside view - I will build out 8 ft along the entire length of the sidewall with the walkdoor for workshop, office, bathroom, and storage areas. Trusses are firmly attached with sidenailing into the columns and column stubs in between the main columns. I noticed that there is no toenailing at all. Sheeting is 26 ga.
    Nick

Opposite inside corner - reserved for the 57 Chevy [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Truss bottom chord is 2x8, top chords are 2x6, braces are 2x4. Trusses rest on double 2x8's.
    Nick

Not as young as I used to be - took all day to install this plumbing. Pipes (from wall) are 2" for shower/vent, 3" for toilet/stack vent, 1 1/2" for sink, and 3" for floor level cleanout. Main drain line extends out from the building and has a cap glued on the end to keep debris and water out until I'm ready to connect to septic. I will have other plumbing pics later as I get them done.
    Nick

Nick,
    You can never post to many pictures. They are very good and are much appreciated. Keep up the detail as many of us are looking at your barn type building for our own.
    I really like the color you used on the side walls.
    PJ

Thanks for the pics of the barn. Also, great looking '57 Chev. Is it a 4 dr hardtop? Or 2 dr hardtop? I had a 2 tone blue 4dr hardtop '57 that I sure wish I had been able to keep, somehow.

I would like to drive one back to a class reunion, as I graduated in '57. Some great cars that year.

Great pictures CD and a fine looking barn. I hope to be in your position in another year or two. Did you put the trusses up by hand or have some "arial assistance"? Keep the pics coming [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob