Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We bought a pack Mule

Re: We bought a pack Mule

Is it any worse than the extended service plan? I snagged a new VCR last week at KMart and the checker asked if I wanted the extended 1 year service plan for only $8.99. I only paid $60.00 for the VCR! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] This is about the 3rd VCR I've bought in the last 12 years. None of them has broken in the 1st year. Now, if she'd said 4 years replacement warranty, she'd have sold one! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The manufacturer's warranty is good for a year. The only thing the $8.99 does is give me the option to bring the product back to KMart for exchange for an additional 11 months longer than their return policy.

Thanks for the heads up on assembly charges. That's a new one on me. I wonder if they'd let you assemble and set up yourself? Just take the thing home in a crate?
    SHF

Would they let you take it home and assemble it yourself? Heck no! That's one of the few areas they make money and also can claim they need to make sure everything is assembled correctly for the warranty!

Sometimes it appears as though the warranties can be useful. I refused them on the VCR's and other stuff too ...w aste of money ... but I took it on the combo DVD/VCR deck from Sam's .... $5 for an extra year ... what the heck!
    And we lucked out with the warrenty on the big screen TV ... I figured I'd better not take a chance and paid about $80 for an extra 3 years ... and they've had to come out 3 times in 3 years! Last time, they needed to replace the main module ... so I'm pretty happy with that warranty!
    And I bought the extended warranty for the Goldwing. The dealer offered it at $700 (for an extra 3 years ... total 4) and I laughed. When I gopt home, I signed up with an internet dealer for the same package ... $359 ... and this is a Honda Factory warrany ... not some aftermarket, worthless thing.
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

We're thinking along the same lines then, just picked up 5 year warranties on our new washer and dryer. The price was about 10% extra, but those big ticket items can be uncomfortable to replace. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

These mules and gators kind of remind me of the farm carts that have been around since I was a kid. In fact, I drive past a couple of them on my way out. Basically, you take the body off an old truck or car and just mount an open bench seat and maybe a small flatbed. The commerical stuff is much slicker, but the concept appears about the same.

SHF

Update on the Mule. We love it. Our entire property is now accessible, and we love exploring whenever we feel like it. Should have gotten one sooner!!
    Alan L. - Texas
    North of Mustang
    South of Bugtussle
    On the Banks of Buck Creek

One of my friends in Glen Rose has a "mule" and wouldn't be without it. Plan to get one as soon as I retire in 17 months.