Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Wings ?

Hot Wings ?

Hots wings [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] or Buffalo wings [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .... How do you make'em ?

Re: Hot Wings ?

I broil the wings for 10 minutes or so and then mix them into the sauce. I use Franks Hot Sauce and the directions for the sauce are on the bottle - the sauce is real simple, mainly butter and hot sauce. We also make up some blue cheese dressing for dipping the hot wings into.

<font color="blue">...We also make up some blue cheese dressing ...</font color>

Now, I'd be interested in your blue cheese dressing recipe... Yum Yum [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I like my wings a bit crispy so here's how:

Fry your wings until they float to the top of the oil
    Drain the wings on a paper towel
    Let them soak in Frank's Hot Wing Sauce for about 10 minutes
    Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.

For the dipping sauce, I generally mix 1/2 ranch with 1/2 blue chees dressing.

I like my wings fallin off the bone so heres how:
    I bake them at 350 for about 1/2 hour.
    Drain grease off mix in your Favoite sause
    then bake for another 10 minutes
    flip on the broiler and brown them just a bit!
    MMmmmmm im gettin hungry now
    Larry

When I don't boil them and then throw them on the grill, I use what I call the "3-Bs" when I cook wings, boil, bake and broil. The sauce is put on when you bake them. It takes ten minutes after the water comes back to a boil and they start floating, ten minutes per side in the oven and under the broiler til they get that grilled look.
    For the sauce I mixed one bottle of Open Pit original, one small bottle of Red Hot, a few drops of Liquid Smoke, 1-2 oz. of red wine vinegar and some cayanne pepper. It was pretty hot to taste it uncooked, but wasn't as hot when cooked in. The wings had what I call a slow burn effect. You didn't know they were hot until your third or fourth one and you found your forehead starting to sweat.
    The following day I made chicken noodle soup out of the water used to boil them.

<font color="blue"> ...We also make up some blue cheese dressing ...

Now, I'd be interested in your blue cheese dressing recipe... Yum Yum </font color>

I use the recipe from Fannie Farmer because it is simple and good.

2 oz roquefort cheese
    1/4 cup mayo
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon vinegar
    1 tablespoon milk
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Crumble the cheese into a mixing bowl. Add the mayo and sour cream and mix well with a fork. Add the vinegar, milk, and salt. Stir well to blend. If too thick, add additional milk. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Some good tips all around. I've seen that recipe on the Franks hot sauce bottle but I'm not sure if you apply before or after cooking. When I get hot wings at a restaurant they are never wet. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

If you soak your wings in Franks after cooking then let them bake for about 10 minutes, the wings will have a dry coating.

Thanks Andy...

I hope to try this recipe in a couple days... with gooble gooble... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Not much different from chicken... right...? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]