Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Cooker

Pressure Cooker

Wife wants a new pressure cooker. I been looking at the "All American" brand and wondered if anyone has direct experience with this brand or could recommend one that they like.

Pressure Cooker

Re: Pressure Cooker

I haved a large all american canner that I use for canning vegetables, etc. Well made. I would highly recommend them. The one I have will handle 9 quart jars. I had a larger one, but I lent it to a friend and have not seen it since. So I bought the one I have now. They make them from fairly small to really big. They have several safety interlocks, so they are pretty safe to use. There are several places on the Web (Lehman's is one) where you can order them at a pretty good price. Really good stuff.

<font color="blue"> I lent it to a friend and have not seen it since. </font color>

I can't think of a better recommendation than that.
    Good to hear your positive response. I did order the 921 (21 quart) and the 910 (10 quart)

Thanks
    Al [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You will not be disappointed. Really top notch stuff. Most of the other canners are just junk - flimsy. American is really heavy aluminum. Good luck. Have fun.

R.R.

The pressure cookers arrived and I sure agree "top notch".

A lttle pricey but considering, over the years, we have bought four different ones which didn't work, maybe not.

Thanks for the advise.

Note: These are available direct from the manufactuer

If you want a pressure cooker to cook roasts, potatoes, etc. Presto makes a nice series of stainless cookers. We've had one for about ten years and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, we just got done eating a nice pot full of venison, potatoes, and carrots. . . yum.

The fresh rosemary sprig I put on top sure spiced it up!
    Fishman

If I could get a good sample of the Venison stew to verify that the Presto does a quality job, I might just get one. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I did try out the "All American" one's I just bought. The big one (21 qt) works just fine, but the small one leaks. The instructions say "minor" leaks may occur the first few times. I have tried 6 times and still leaks, always in the same two places. I think it goes back to "All American" for a replacement. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Can you deep fry in a pressure cooker ?

I don't see why not, as long as you leave the lid off [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    Fishman

<font color="blue">Can you deep fry in a pressure cooker ? </font color>

Fishman's answer works for me. I did review the instructions for my pressure cooker and found nothing relative to "Pressure Frying". It does have cautions for cooking foods that foam excessively like beans, macaroni. "could block the pressure release device".

They do make pressure frying cookers, but I'm not sure all cookers can be used to pressure fry.
    Pressure Fryer