Thread: Dressed for the woods

Dressed for the woods

I have been taking the dogs for their runs but staying out of the woods because of deer season. Today I wanted to bring in some firewood from the woods and the dogs wanted to go with me. Jane had made these vests for them.

Re: Dressed for the woods

Smart idea! There should be no mistaking them for a deer in the woods, that's for sure...
    Chris

Hi Tim,

We outfit our dogs with vests for the woods regardless of the hunting season, esp. since some of the Ibizan Hounds resemble deer in color and move like them. Some hunters (read "poachers") do not respect the seasons.

You can buy these especially made for dogs (attached), but as Jane did, they are also easy to make. Alice has used regular hunters' vests from K-Mart and modified them for the canine body.

Hi Hank,

We have had some problems with poachers this year. This being the first year we are living here for deer season some of the hunters still think our land is open hunting even though it is posted. Freyja, Seigir and I have been going on patrol. Aside from the bow hunter who was angry because I had the nerve to walk my dogs in my woods and spoil his hunting, most people are getting permission before hunting. I did find a couple of fellows from the city on the property the other day and they tried to run and hide. One took a ride down fifty feet into a ravine. When he tried to walk out upstream he found the fifteen foot water fall. So he went down stream and found the twenty foot waterfall. The dogs and I watched as he spent the next 15 minutes trying to crawl up the bank. I finally took pity on him and helped him up. His buddy was long gone. He was real happy about it.

Actually not a bad guy just a little short on smarts. He was so scared of the dogs that I don't think that he will be back. Seigir is the friendliest dog but as this guy finally got to the top of the hill he growled right in his face.

<font color="purple"> Seigir is the friendliest dog but as this guy finally got to the top of the hill he growled right in his face. </font color>

Even the friendliest dog can make you think twice when they are the impressive size of your Giants. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]