Thread: Mud Room Coat Rack

Mud Room Coat Rack

I couldn't resist posting a photo of my first home improvement project in the new house. I don't even have a workshop set up yet, though I do have my main tools accessible.

This is a coat rack in our mud room. Pretty simple, but as soon as the paint dries some more it will be one of the more functional things I've ever done. We had a row of shaker pegs in the old house so we're looking forward to hanging the old Carhartts up here in the new place.

The painters left all the extra paint for us. It's amazing what you can do with good paint and a decent brush [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Re: Mud Room Coat Rack

Those look like nice solid heavy brass hooks...where did you get them?

Also, I especially like your use of cornerblocks with your window trim. They really dress up a window.

Looks great Rob. As I am well into month 2 of our home improvements, I can't help but be jealous of the small scale of your project!
    Hazmat

I know what you mean about the scale of things Hazmat. I've got a lot of frustrating projects going on at work lately so I intentionally picked a home project that I knew I could finish in a casual weekend.

Thanks for the compliments Hank. We're thrilled with the way the trim work turned out in the house. Downstairs has rosettes and plinths on the doors and windows and upstairs is just mitred joints to save some money. Both look great through as we chose a fairly elaborate trim profile.

The brass hardware all came from VanDykes Restoration Hardware. Great selection and the prices weren't too bad [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob