Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anybody used a Stihl 025

Re: Has anybody used a Stihl 025

I just paid $399 for the 260 and the dealer threw in an extra chain. I believe it is the "yellow" type you refer to, no anti-kickback built into it and huge teeth.
    Bayrat

If I had the money I would have bought an 026. But couldn't justify the extra dollars. If needed to cut a lot of firewood I would have bought it anyway. From all the research and feedback I have gotten that is probably the best saw made in that size. Haven't bought the <font color="yellow"> yellow </font color> chain yet still looking for the cheapest place to buy them. Fired it up the other day (took 10 minutes to start it [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] . Starting procedures are different from my old Mac 10-10. Had to read the directions on starting, bummer! Starts on 2nd pull now when cold. Amazing [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] ) Gonna give it a workout Thursday.

From all of us Texans
    Ya'll Have a Happy,Prosperous, and Healthy New Year
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Mike

Mike,

The dealer told me basically any of his saws would do what I wanted to do, general use on my property. The most popular saw they sell is the Farm Boss but it was only about $30 less if I recall. The reason I went with the 260 over the 250 is because I have used one extensively at work and I liked it. I also liked the see through gas tank, I can't tell you how often I think about that when I am in an inconvenient spot but don't want to keep taking the cap off and trying to see how much fuel is there. Also, I like the weight, only 10# as opposed to 13# for some other models.
    Bayrat

I got my yellow at the stihl dealer for about $17 I think it was...

Your comment about the drive sprocket was well taken. I immediately went out and checked mine and sure enough it needed to be replaced. Three trips to the dealer and I finally got a replacement. They kept punching the wrong number in the computer and giving me the wrong one.
    I am really hard on my saw as I cut alot of mesquite close to the ground and tend to get it in the dirt. I know that is not good for it but I just hate mesquites. The only one I hate worst is the honey locust. Thanks for the tip and happy cutting.

Randy