Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agway

Re: Agway

nope.....dont have agways here in texas either......we have tractor supply stores and such for getting feed a little cheaper than the regular feed stores....but i just like to talk with the old men that hang around there so i just pay the extra buck or two a bag at the feed store.

RichZ, It's good to hear you're satisfied with the feed products you can get thru Agway. What is it you get? The only opportunity I've had personally with Agway feeds was several years back purchasing some their name branded dry dog food. One of the dogs I owned at the time (a setter) absolutely refused to eat it.

Of the guys I went thru high school with, one became a managing partner in the local Agway store. His family owned a large dairy operation for years. My wife's cousin was a store manager also, at another Agway store over here in the beautiful Berkshires. She owned horses and llamas. That store did close up eventually though, a few years back.

Some of the best tri blended lawn type grass seed I ever used came from Agway. After them I would guess the only place left around the area would be a BLUE SEAL dealer.

The Lawn and Garden Store locater comes up with no less than 5 AGWAY outlets within 25 MI of Cambridge. Which one is the store you like. There's one store that my wife and I stopped at out while out that way one day. It wasn't any different than the local store though. Statuary, RubberMaid wheelbarrows, plastic pond liners, $ 200.00 Chiminea's, $50.00 fruit trees, etc.

DFB

Check out the tags on "Poulin" feeds. The dealer near you is on a county Rd. southwest of Greenwich. The mill is up in northern Vt. They do some work with the equine reserch in Ky. bcs

They are here in Maine,too.Some store closed about 5 years ago.I don't do much business with them.Not really easy for me to get to the stores.I buy my grain from a farm dealer.There is a hardware store that I spend my money at a few towns from here.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

DFB, I only use their livestock feed. I actually don't think that their dog food is very good. I only use Eukanuba dog food.

I think Agway's Legends horse feeds are excellent. We used "Mare and Foal" when our Belgian was a foal, and she sure did well on it. She now eats Legends 12 textured with one of our quarter horses. Our other quarter horse eats Legends 12 pellets, because he may have foundered in the past, and the pellets have less carbohydrates.

We also use Agway Dairy Goat feed for our goats. Believe it or not, out goats are picky eaters, but they love the Agway feed.

We also use Agway Layer Pellets for our chickens.

All our animals have stayed very healthy with the Agway feeds, and our quarter horses have gained a lot of weight, as we wanted them to. I also like the fact there there are no preservatives or other extra chemical ingredients.

We go to Cambridge Valley Agway, right in the Village of Cambridge. But there are several Agways in our area.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Just in, the paper printed another scam by Agway management. $560,000 [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] paid out in bonuses the day before the bankruptcy filing to seven "employees" for the great work they did. The creditors are fuming over the move and they ought to be.
    Bayrat