Thread: Air Hockey Plans?

Air Hockey Plans?

Does anyone have or know where I could download plans to build an air hockey table? I've searched the internet without any luck (I did find lots of message boards with people also looking for plans [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Re: Air Hockey Plans?

You might try ebay and just use the table top and make into whatever you want.

Walmart and Sears usually have some small economical tables in stock at Christmas time. Probably cheaper than building one if you need to purchase all of the materials.

Thanks Al and Dumbdog for the suggestions. I'd like to build one as a father/ son project and need the plans to be able to do that. I'm really looking forward to drilling all those holes [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .

When I was an Ag/industrial arts teacher, one of my students built one from plans in one of those magazines like Popular Mechanics. This was in the late 70's so I can't remember much more than that, but basically it had a top and bottom a couple of inches apart and used a small furnance blower. The top had formica on it and he drilled holes of about 1/16" dia on about a 1" gride.

In use, the air didn't give much lift to the puck, but the formica was slick enough that the table worked ok.

Larry
    Larry

It is in Nov Popular Mechanics. I scaned the plan from my copy. You can find these PM on Ebay (I collect them - weird, huh?)
    If you can't find one let me know, we can work out something. I'm all in favor of Dad?child build projects! That's why I collect these kind od mag. Hay - I will take any that you all may be tired of [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

SO have you built a table yet?
    I didn't do it, I know I should do it, but the fish are biting.......