Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Where is everyone?

Hey Ladies & Gentlemen of the CBN: Why have there been no new posts here for a while? Is everyone cooped up inside watching the snow fall? I had to mow last weekend while at the property. (A little December seat time.) Sure it was cold here (in the 50's) but we Texans are a tuff breed. Ok, so I was wearing a coat, gloves and long johns- but that's what we wear when it dips below 70. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Where is everyone?

It's been flippin' cold here - a 5 degree high on Monday. It went down to -7 overnight. Too darned cold to do anything but the bare necesseties outside - put the dogs out and get more firewood.

You'd think that would give me more time to post stuff, but the fact is that with nothing to do there ain't much to talk about.

Same here. Had -13 Monday night. Snowed like the dickens all weekend. We're all keeping our heads down and hoping they don't get snowed on again.

SHF

PS. Ain't quite cold enough here for Long Johns yet. (We'll maybe, but only the bottoms [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] )

Hey I love the snow!! Plus, I could drop the mower deck and bring out the plow on my little garden tractor!!
    Wooohooo Seat time is seat time!!

Let it snow!!
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Curtis
    Livin' the simple life, 'ceptin' my high speed internet! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hmmm, interesting thought. I've never tried mowing snow. Might have to try it, just for fun. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My big problem with it is that the tractor seat gets hard as a board. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

SHF

C'mon now, JazzDad! Be a little more fair to us Texans! Last night it was 39 at work and all I was wearing was my Nomex uniform and a medium weight Nomex jacket and I was doing just fine! (Oh, did I mention that I was only outside less than 10% of the night and dashed around like a maniac to finish my work so I could go back inside and sit in front of the heater?) [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    Chris

I spent the afternoon cutting and stacking limbs that fell from the ice storm. Mostly mid 30's all day. I started dressed heavily and came out of most of it when I got to the stacking part. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Pretty boring here...70 degree days and 40 degree nights. no clouds or anything. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I miss the east coast snow I just left. And turnaround is gonna be fair play six months from now, when we're experiencing 115 degree days, and 70 degree nights.

I understand about cutting and stacking the limbs and trees after a good snow/sleet storm. Two winters ago, when it snowed and froze the entire state of Ark, it took three weekend trips up to clear away all the downed trees and limbs away from my fourwheeler trails. In other words, all winter long! That is perfect working weather to me... weather in the 30's and 40's with nothing but jeans and a long sleeve shirt on to work outside. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Getting physical knocks the edge off of cold weather in a hurry!
    Chris

I hear ya... Dad and I just finished cutting/stacking the limbs from this storm at home and at the rentals today. We quit about 4:30 for darkness and I (the sawyer) was running out of steam.
    First time we've got to do any real outside work since Dad's heart attack in Sept. Was really good to be working with him again...