Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool bar

Tool bar

Tool bar for B7100 made from scrap metal.

Egon

Re: Tool bar

Nice job Egon!! It's kind of rewarding to take something that is otherwise scrap, and build something useful out of it. Good old Yankee ingenuity!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Argee:

" Good old Yankee ingenuity!!! "

" Canadian ingenuity "

Egon

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] We're so close to Canada here, I tend to think of you as a neighbor not another country. How about "Good old North American ingenuity" [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Argee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Argee:

Six of one - half a dozen of the other.
    I probably scoffed the idea from someone else without even remembering it.

Egon

[img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Not to put too fine a point on it; and recognizing that "availability of material" could have greatly influenced "selection"; but shouldn't the horizontal member be a shape that resists torque? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Yes it surely should.
    It is made from an I beam that had the web cut in half. If you look closely part of the web can be seen.
    It is bent as rock of about 1000 pounds or more have run into it when descending steep slopes. After the next hit it may straighten out again.

Egon

Maybe this is obvious, but what do you use it for? Is it a 3 point trailer hitch?

You'll notice that there is a bracket on the vertical that has a chain hook on it. This is for lifting and draging rocks or logs etc. It allows me to put more weight on the rear wheels for more traction. This is done with a load of rocks in the bucket to keep the front end down.

The horizontal piece has numerous holes drilled in it that will accomadate the brakets for a harrow or bars for carrying stuff or shackle's or ????

Egon

I like the idea of the grab hook welded to the top of the vertical piece. Of course, I like grab hooks in general and weldable grab hooks in particular. I just ordered four more for Monday delivery and mentioned it to a friend who immediately responded, "You mean there's actually something around here you HAVEN'T welded a hook on yet?" [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My next big thing is banjo eyes. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I ordered a couple of those with the four weldable grab hooks. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]