Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Cameras

Re: Digital Cameras

Remember, if you use MANUAL focus, the shot is pretty much instant.

I have a FujiFilm FinePix 6900Z -- over double what you want to spend -- but I just bought my father-in-law a Canon S330 for Christmas on ebay for $300.

However, for sports photography, you may want to have the ability to use an external flash.

Just like suggested above, visit DPreview.com (Buying Guide->Features Search) to select all the options you want to see what cameras fit your needs. You may need to shell out more than $300 unless you can find a nice used one (on ebay for example).
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

The Nikon D100 and Fuji S2 are looking pretty good for $~2k. That's still up there; I want to see them in the $1k range. I like my Nikon F100 with the 24-120mm lense. It makes a great all around combination. Backing that up with the 80-200/2.8 works well. I think those two lenses would be a good combo on the D100 too.

I just wish Nikon would catch up on image stabilizing; Canon has them there with the IS lenses.

Hello Andy, Being the devils advocate, I say "It's always good to spend U'r money, but a 13 yr old may want to be in sports pics next month! So why not look at binoculars w/digital camera built in! and add a tripod for stability! I've bought 2/ meade captureview that was great(I broke it) & cheaper Celestron VistaPix! The 1st one was right under $100 & 2nd was under $40. . U can get better ones than these 2 but are good starting point & are easy to handle... point.. focus & push button!! Take home load in computer & edit out ones U don't want!! Just my thoughts, good luck! roho